[UK-TUG] Payments made by UK TUG in 2020/2021

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:50:34 CEST 2021

Hi all

Keiran Harcombe wrote: This (in my opinion) shows the committee have failed
to be proactive in ensuring UK TUG business is dealt with appropriately.

Joseph Wright replied: By the time it was clear that a physical AGM was
unlikely to be allowed by law in the required timeframe, [the] Committee
was already discussing the best way to proceed within the framework of the
existing Constitution.

I wasn't on the committee then, but am now, and so have access to the
mailing list archives. Based on that I fully agree with Keiran's
assessment, even though Joseph's statement contains truth.

In the whole of July, August and September 2020 there were 6 messages on
the committee list. There were 2 each from Joseph Wright, Jay Hammond and
Malcolm Clark. The first message was on 23 September, and the last on 25
September.

There was then a hiatus, broken by Joseph on 5 November 2020 announcing to
members the peculiar AGM to take place on 9 December 2020. There's no
record of the committee making any decisions on this matter.

Here's the announcement:
https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-announce/2020q4/000260.html

with kind regards

Jonathan