[UK-TUG] Payments made by UK TUG in 2020/2021

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 14:16:15 CEST 2021

Hello Keiran,

On 04/10/2021 13:06, Keiran Harcombe wrote:
> The issue around remote meetings should have been addressed by the
> committee in 2020, considering that courts, local authorities,
> governmental departments and other organisations had very quickly moved
> to remote means. This (in my opinion) shows the committee have failed to
> be proactive in ensuring UK TUG business is dealt with appropriately.
> The committee had ample opportunity in the early stages of the COVID-19
> pandemic to make changes to the constitution that would allow for a
> remote AGM.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Keiran Harcombe

The dynamic situation last year meant that planning was difficult. In
particular, over the summer it seemed as if we might be able to hold an
AGM as normal.

The Committee did not at any point discuss a change to the Constitution
in this regard. That would have required a special general meeting,
which would have needed to take place sufficiently long before the AGM
that it was completed before the notice period. By the time it was clear
that a physical AGM was unlikely to be allowed by law in the required
timeframe, Committee was already discussing the best way to proceed
within the framework of the existing Constitution.

Joseph Wright