[UK-TUG] When's the 2021 UK-TUG Annual General Meeting?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:34:08 CEST 2021

Hi

Keiran Harcombe wrote that the committee has breached the constitution, by
not holding an AGM in 2021. The constitution states "An annual general
meeting must be held in EACH CALENDAR YEAR [emphasis added] and not more
than fifteen months may elapse between successive annual general meetings."

The previous AGM was on 9 December 2020, so the Committee has to call an
AGM to take place on or before 31 December 2021. To put this on the agenda,
on Monday last week I moved the committee motion: That the committee decide
and announce the date and time of the 2021 Annual General Meeting.

So far no committee member has voted on this motion, that takes us towards
the 2021 AGM. Voting on this ends at midnight tomorrow. You can follow the
voting here: https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-committee-motions/2021q3/

Joseph Wright (Secretary) has a special responsibility regarding providing
advice and information regarding the constitution. I ask that he do this
for the following questions:

1. Taking into account notice periods, what is the earliest possible date
for the 2021 AGM?
2. What is the position regarding the 2021 AGM, if the SGM votes for
dissolution?

By the way, in response to Keiran's statement Joseph wrote: "The
Constitution requires a maximum of 15 months between AGMs. For 2021, the
allowed gap between meetings would put a final date in early February 2022."

I contend that this is wrong, because it ignores the "each calendar year"
requirement, and because 15 months since 9 December 2020 takes us to 9
March 2022.

with kind regards

Jonathan