The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Join or renew with TUG (trial memberships available for new members) to support use and development of TeX and friends. All TUG memberships are for the calendar year, and include all benefits for the year no matter when you join.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
- TUG membership forms for 2023 are posted for your joining/renewing pleasure (automatic renewals are underway). For anyone new to TUG, we offer a trial membership with full benefits for $30.
- TUGboat 43:3 has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 43:2 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next regular issue are welcome and encouraged; the deadline is March 26, 2023.
- TeX Live 2022 and MacTeX 2022 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX) The TeX Collection DVD is in preparation and will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (meeting list)
- TUG 2023,
Bonn, Germany, July 14-16, 2023
(with Tagged PDF developers' workshop on July 13th);
bursary (financial assistance) deadline: April 10,
call for papers, submission deadline: April 10,
register for the conference, early bird deadline: April 15.
- TeXConf2022 (Japan): online, November 19, 2022.
- DANTE meeting 2022: online, November 19, 2022.
- 16th ConTeXt Meeting: Dreifelden, Germany, Sept. 12-18, 2022.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - tramlines - se2thesis - jIEEEtran - IEEJtran - TangramTikz - fixdif - uol-physics-report - PixelArtTikz - univie-ling - schooldocs - luaquotes - ProfLycee - tagpdf - tkz-euclide - sidecap - l3experimental - l3kernel - pagelayout - expkv-bundle - diffcoeff - hypdoc - babel - SemanTeX - WriteOnGrid - overarrows - adobemapping - lineno - exesheet