The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Join or renew with TUG (trial memberships available for new members) to support use and development of TeX and friends. All TUG memberships are for the calendar year, and include all benefits for the year no matter when you join.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
If you're looking for help, you can get community support via: a q&a site (tex.stackexchange.com), forum (latex.org), reddit, public mailing list (texhax), and in other ways.
- The LaTeX Companion: Parts I & II, 3rd Edition is available for pre-order. It will be published in both print and ebook formats on May 15, 2023.
- TeX Live 2023 and MacTeX 2023 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX) The TeX Collection DVD is in preparation and will be sent to members of TUG and other user groups; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
- TUG 2023 election results are available online and will be printed in the next TUGboat. There is no need for a ballot this year. Many thanks and congratulations to the incoming (officially as of the TUG23 conference) president Arthur Rosendahl, and new board members Max Chernoff, Tom Hejda, and Jérémy Just. Many thanks also to Paulo Cereda, who is stepping down after years of service.
- TUGboat 43:3 has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 43:2 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next regular issue are welcome and encouraged; the deadline is March 26, 2023.
Upcoming events (meeting list)
- BachoTeX 2023 - Modeling and implementing text typesetting in TeX and other systems; Bachotek, Poland, April 29-May 3, 2023.
- DANTE e.V., 65. annual meeting, July 13, 2023,
Hotel Collegium Leoninum,
53111 Bonn (Germany), Noeggerathstrasse 34
- TUG 2023,
Bonn, Germany, July 14-16, 2023
(with Tagged PDF developers' workshop on July 13th);
bursary (financial assistance) deadline: April 10,
call for papers, submission deadline: April 10,
register for the conference, early bird deadline: April 15.
- 17th ConTeXt Meeting: Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 10-16, 2023.
- TeXConf2022 (Japan): online, November 19, 2022.
- DANTE meeting 2022: online, November 19, 2022.
- 16th ConTeXt Meeting: Dreifelden, Germany, Sept. 12-18, 2022.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - babel - MilSymb - tikz-nfold - l3build - latex-context-ppchtex - acmart - KorigamiK - tex-vpat - tangocolors - mpchess - ProfCollege - novel - match_parens - beamertheme-arguelles - sTeX - greek-inputenc - pseudo - egpeirce - linebreaker - emo - fixdif - ebgaramond - ucalgmthesis - photobook - JeuxCartes - WriteOnGrid - babel-greek - biblatex-publist - greek-fontenc - FenetreCas