The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
- TUGboat 43:2, has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 43:1 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next regular issue are most welcome. The deadline is October 15, 2022.
- TeX Live 2022 and MacTeX 2022 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX) The TeX Collection DVD is in preparation and will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- TeXConf2022 (Japan): online, November 19.
- 16th ConTeXt Meeting: Dreifelden, Germany, Sept. 12-18, 2022.
- TUG 2022 was held online, July 22-24, 2022. Work on the proceedings is underway. The full-day videos are on the TUG YouTube channel The presentations will be available as separate videos as soon as possible.
- DANTE meeting 2022, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, June 23-25., 2022.
- Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century: From graphemes to knowledge, Palaiseau, France, June 8-10, 2022.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - tzplot - achemso - se2thesis - chemfig - graphics-pln - neo-euler - pdfmanagement-testphase - latex-tools-dev - latex-base-dev - lettrine - abntexto - jobname-suffix - SemanTeX - sanskrit - wargame - udes-genie-these - texfot - crefthe - tkz-euclide - graphics-def - hyperref - ProfLycee - colorframed - pagegrid - blowup - abspos - oberdiek - pdfcol - crumbs - csvsimple