[UK-TUG] Howard's motion: Distribute funds AND Continue UK-TUG

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:06:03 CEST 2021

Hi

David Carlisle wrote:

> This is voting for yet another year of inaction.

Perhaps David is barking up the wrong tree, by criticising Howard and me.

In November 2019 the AGM passed Jay Hammond's motion that there be an SGM
on dissolution in February or March 2020. It is now October 2021.

The previous 18 months of inaction are due to the Committee, which includes
Chair Jay Hammond and David's LaTeX3 team colleagues Chris Rowley and
Joseph Wright, as well as TUG Vice-President Arthur Rosendahl.

By the way, during 2019 to 2020 I was not on the Committee. I don't know
why they didn't during that time hold a dissolution SGM.

The imminent SGM is the first opportunity the members have had since 2019
to vote on a motion relating to dissolution. There wasn't a real AGM in
2020 due to decisions taken by the committee particularly Jay and Joseph. I
wasn't on that committee.

The members are not responsible for the delay, and should not be denied
their opportunity to vote. I have confidence that if Howard's motion is
passed then a more energetic committee would come forward.

with kind regards

Jonathan