[UK-TUG] Obtaining a clear outcome from the SGM

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Sat Oct 16 00:54:11 CEST 2021

I've not read all of this thread. You seem to be discussing order of motions and are discovering that  ordered motions have disadvantages. Joseph and I thought that it might be possible to allow each motion to be discussed in its own separate thread, but in parallel. I assume each member still has one vote per motion. What does it mean if both "dissolve" and "continue" motions pass? I think the motion with most positive votes gets priority.
Your comments

BTW, dissolve forthwith means effective now. Not at the end of the meeting. Hence constitution stipulation about timing of motions directing surplus funds.
2019 motion on surplus funds had an if in it. The condition was not and cannot now be met. The motion passed but makes /made no direction to do anything. There is precedent for motions of the form
If <condition> then <action>
Hth jay

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​