[XeTeX] Ghostscript 9.53

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Feb 23 17:49:10 CET 2021

Hi,

I realize only now thanks to mail of Akira
and also testing by a friend on a system
with older Ghostscript that the file I reported
problems with actually is not XeTeX compatible
even with older Ghostscript.

I focused on gs 9.53.3 due to all warnings

But my friend reports compilation is very
slow also with older gs (I don't know the version)
Then when compilation completes the animation
in the pdf is broken.

At my locale, compilation also finally completes
after 2 to 3 minutes. And the pdf animation
(from animate package and pstricks code)
is even more broken. (this might be the 9.53.3 effect).

In brief, my alarm was unwarranted as the problem
existed earlier.

Best,

Jean-François