[XeTeX] Ghostscript 9.53

Akira Kakuto kakuto at w32tex.org
Mon Feb 22 00:28:39 CET 2021

On 2021/02/22 2:44, Richard Koch wrote:
> Jean-Francois sent the source for his sample xetex program which caused a hang of xetex with multiple complaints of the form
>
>     **** WARNING: .setopacityalpha is deprecated (as of 9.53.0) and will be removed in a future release
>     **** See .setfillconstantalpha/.setalphaisshape for the improved solution
>

> Since I make the TeX Live 2021 binaries for Macs (Arm and Intel) and since I made new binaries two days ago from the latest sources,  I could add those binaries to a copy of TeX Live 2020, rebuild formats, and then test his source. I'm sorry to report that the bug still exists, at least on the Mac.

Probablly the example does not work still in XeTeX in TeX Live 2021.
Anyway, PSTricks on XeTeX is a limited subset of the full PSTricks
on dvi+dvips. It is known that there are fairly many examples of
PSTricks which do not work on XeTeX. In such cases, please obtain an
image by PSTricks+dvi+dvips+ps2pdf, and embed the image by XeTeX.

Thanks,
Akira