[XeTeX] caption problem with polyglossia

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Wed Jul 2 23:00:40 CEST 2008

Thanks Mr. Charette.

I am extremely happy to hear that. We can translate the documentation in
Farsi. Can you also put the final version of the package in XeTeX SVN as
well.
The problem faded away. I also have experienced some other problems and
would like to share them with you.

1- the current polyglossia package seems to not work with book and similar
classes. I tried testing it with amsart, but the toc was too messy.

2- If we say, \setdefaultlanguage{farsi} and in the body have
\section{فارسی}, at this stage, we get an error, but if we have
\setdefaultlanguage{arabic} and then \setotherlanguage{farsi} and in the
body we say
\begin{farsi}
\section{فارسی}
\end{farsi}
then the compile process is done without any errors.

3- A required package was farsical.sty which still does not exits. I just
created one myself to get rid of the error.

4- if you say \author{وفا  خلیقی}, it actually prints the name of the author
in opposite direction, I tried \author{\beginR وفا خلیقی\endR}
5- The command \Jalalitoday seems to give error, also the calendar for Farsi
is not suitable at all, it should be something like ۱۲ فروردین ۱۳۸۷ and not
12  نیسان 1387, I think it should be set to Jalali.

Thanks
--
"I hope to die ___ _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.", 0--,| /OOOOOOO\