[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Sun Oct 31 23:54:27 CET 2021

This thread is busy. There is a lot to read. Too much. Debate is not
about developing ideas. That should have been done in advance. It is
about presenting prepared ideas for decision.  That is why motions have
a role to play. In our case, they (should) encapsulate one or more
executable instructions to the committee. *It is now time for members
who have not spoken on the motions at the SGM to have the opportunity to
do so*.  Turn-taking in debates is different to ordinary discussion.
Would members who have already spoken please behave in a way that will
encourage other members to speak. (I suggest be quieter or go outside to
talk)  There are strict rules in face to face debates. This e-SGM can
work better than that if members use good sense and cooperation.

Members who wish to discuss  and develop continuation details,  a
replacement for UKTUG, a new constitution or other topics  should do
that elsewhere. I don't suggest the venue for these talks. But to assist
coordination, I suggest that interested members go to UKTUF,  to arrange
the time and  venue. And return to this meeting please, in time to
inform themselves and vote.

UK TeX User Forum, https://www.facebook.com/groups/665112611139250

Discussion of this post on  "Procedural matters" please, not here.

Jay Hammond

Email usejay at jjnr.uk