[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:08:57 CET 2021

Distributors - DS1: Is this compromise acceptable to you?

Dear UK-TUG Member

Arthur's good news about TUG and DANTE accepting donations might have
opened a door for us. There might be a compromise that is acceptable to a
large majority of our members. It's certainly worth trying. It goes
something like this. It is that we agree to the following steps.

DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS TO TUG AND DANTE
1. The supporters of HV1 determine that to go forward into 2022 they need
£0 (zero pounds).
2. The members of UK-TUG pass HV1.
3. The 2020-21 committee donate all our funds to TUG and DANTE, in equal
parts.
4. The 2020-21 committee close our bank accounts.

CONTINUING UK-TUG INTO 2022
5. The 2021 AGM elects a 2021-22 committee with at least 5 members.
6. The 2021 AGM sets the annual membership fee to be £10.
7. The 2021 AGM changes the constitution so that
a) Attendance by video link is equivalent to in-person attendance.
b) In the event of dissolution the assets are divided equally among the
members.
8. At least 10 present members join UK-TUG for 2022.

If you are a supporter of DS1 (distribution) and find that you cannot
accept the above, please say so and briefly give reasons. Agreement with
the compromise is also welcome.

with kind regards

Jonathan Fine