[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:35:57 CET 2021

Hi

I am delighted that UK-TUG can make a 100% and ring-fenced donation to TUG
and that DANTE has officially agreed to receive a donation from UK-TUG,
both in the case that UK-TUG is dissolved.

Just 3 days ago Arthur told us:

I can also say that UK-TUG has essentially lost all credibility with our
> sister organisations, as is demonstrated by the fact that I couldn’t
> negotiate better conditions for TUG to receive a donation from UK-TUG, and
> that I didn’t get any official answer from DANTE when I contacted them.

I'm glad that events since then have overturned this pessimistic view. I'm
also delighted that I no longer have to compose and send a difficult
message to TUG, and also that the discussion at the SGM can now move on to
other and I hope less contentious topics.

with kind regards

Jonathan