[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion HV1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 12:14:59 CET 2021

Hi

I'm pleased that the problems related to the distribution of funds to TUG
and DANTE have been removed. This benefits both motions DS1 and HV1.

Here's my understanding of the new situation. We currently have about
£8,500.
* If DS1 is passed, £8,500 goes to TUG and DANTE fairly quickly.
* If HV1 is passed, at least £7,500 goes to TUG and DANTE fairly quickly.

Either way, the problem of money burning a hole in the pocket is gone. With
DS1 all the money leaves the pocket. With HV1 perhaps £500 is left. By the
way, in "Lucy Locket lost her pocket", the word "pocket" refers to a
predecessor of the modern purse.

>From the point of view of TUG and DANTE there's little difference. But for
UK-TUG the difference is between life and death.

with kind regards

Jonathan