[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:31:44 CEST 2021

Hi

David wrote that the "all the donations" statement on the TUG website is as
plain as a pikestaff. I agree.

A pikestaff is the wooden handle of a pike, a weapon that is 10 to 25 feet
long.

That's why I was surprised to learn that Arthur told the committee that TUG
has agreed in principle to accept a donation from UK TUG provided there
were "no strings attached".

Although not as plain as a pikestaff, I'd say Arthur's statement is as
plain as a barge pole (typically 8 to 18 feet).

Because of the inconsistency between these two plain statements, I want
Boris Veytsman (TUG President) to tell us which rules. Pikestaff or barge
pole. There's a big difference between 100p in the £1 and 8.5p in the £1.

It would be good to have this information before too many people vote on
motions DS1 and VH1. I wish it had been available before the start of the
SGM.

with kind regards

Jonathan