[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion HV1

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 10:02:39 CEST 2021

On 29/10/2021 18:25, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> I agree.  I joined the group some years ago and sent a small amount of
> money each year to Joseph Wright, and got in return copies of TUGboat
> and TeX Live DVDs.
>
> That was fine, until the group stopped asking me for money, stopped
> providing those quite nice things that occasionally dropped through my
> letterbox, and started arguing about political and personal issues
> that are rather obscure to me.

DVDs continue to be distributed as a benefit of membership: please let
me know if you did not receive one.

On joint TUG membership, the uncertain status of UK-TUG combined with a
lack of recent updates on the appropriate joint fee meant I was
reluctant to send out renewal paperwork for this option. I had hoped
that members wanting joint membership would have made direct
arrangements with TUG. I apologise that I did not make this clearer.

Should UK-TUG not vote to dissolve, the incoming committee after an AGM
will be able to revisit membership benefits.

Regards,

Joseph Wright
Secretary