[UK-TUG] Structure of the SGM

Dr Nicola L C Talbot n.talbot at uea.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 19:59:29 CEST 2021

https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-announce/2021q4/
 > can focus without distraction on substantive issues.

Personally, I'd rather not have to sign up to yet another list just for
the purposes of discussing one meeting.

 > I'll administer the second list so that posts are accepted only from
 > members of UK TUG, and any such members can post to the list. Like
 > uktug-announce, this list is publicly viewable.
 >
 > I set this list up yesterday, and told Jay about it. He didn't at that
 > time respond to my invitation, that we move the procedural discussions
 > on the structure of the SGM to the second list.

There's also the rather awkward issue of data protection. If the list
hasn't been authorised by UK-TUG where are you getting the member list
from in order to determine whether or not someone can post to the list?
Is the UK-TUG membership list (including email addresses) open or closed?

Regards
Nicola Talbot