[UK-TUG] Structure of the SGM

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Mon Oct 18 20:19:20 CEST 2021

Hi,

I've told all motion proposers that compositing is UKTUG committee
business, and I have invited proposers ( includes JF) to attend
committee, under committee rules to do compositing.

I do not intend to be at JF's compositing venue. And like it or not,
input from the committee is necessary. The committee has to shape the
SGM to be suitable for the motions, but the motions need to be fit for
the SGM. That's not possible if the SGM rules/structure are not put in
place. Probably by negotiation.

If you are a proposer and have not been invited, my apologies for the
oversight, and please consider yourself invited. Do you wish to
composite? (fix the motions so they are fit to put to members at the
SGM. the words and structure may be  changed but not the theme and intent. )

I do not know where JF expects to get the membership list from. I don't
have access to it myself.  The (membership) secretary sets up gatekeeper
software for e.g.UKTUG-Announce.

Email use jay at jjnr.uk