[UK-TUG] Obtaining a clear outcome from the SGM

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:28:28 CEST 2021

Hi

I thank Joseph for promptly publishing the motions received for the SGM.

I intend within the hour to post a second message to this thread giving my
initial thoughts on achieving a clear outcome from the SGM regarding
continuation, dissolution, and distribution of funds.

The proposers of motions are David Saunders, Howard Vie, Jay Hammond and
myself. The four of us and Joseph Wright (Secretary) have a special
interest in and responsibility for having an SGM that promotes the goals of
UK TUG, whether through continuation or dissolution.

I hope no-one objects to this matter being discussed now and on this list.
I rather think it akin to a procedural motion, which can easily be raised
during a traditional meeting (see Appendix).

I intend to post again on this at 10:30am. You may contact me off-list
before then to see my draft so-far.

with best wishes

Jonathan

APPENDIX: Definition of procedural motion (from Coventry University
Students Union)

Procedural motions propose a change to how the meeting is being run or what
is happening in the meeting. Procedural motions take priority over any
other business except if someone is speaking or if a vote is happening
(unless it relates to that vote).

https://www.cusu.org/pageassets/asm/Procedural-Motions-What-are-they-and-how-can-I-use-them.docx