[UK-TUG] When's the 2021 UK-TUG Annual General Meeting?

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 14:34:50 CEST 2021

Dear Jonathan,

> Keiran Harcombe wrote that the committee has breached the constitution, by
> not holding an AGM in 2021. The constitution states "An annual general
> meeting must be held in EACH CALENDAR YEAR [emphasis added] and not more
> than fifteen months may elapse between successive annual general meetings."

Thank you for this: I will raise with Committee.

> 1. Taking into account notice periods, what is the earliest possible date
> for the 2021 AGM?

One has to bear in mind that the notice period can be shortened by
agreement with members. However, taking the minimum 28 days as specified
in the Constitution, it would only require that Committee agree on a
date to allow notice to be given. Committee could choose to hold a
meeting electronically, and so the earliest possible day is 2nd November.

> 2. What is the position regarding the 2021 AGM, if the SGM votes for
> dissolution?

This would depend on the text of a dissolution resolution. If it calls
for immediate dissolution, Committee will be tasked with effecting that,
but no other business can be transacted. However, if a dissolution
resolution is phrased such that some further business is allowed, an AGM
will be due.

Regards,

Joseph Wright