[UK-TUG] Continuation of a TeX community in the UK (and subscribing to TUG via UK-TUG)

Richard Gould rhgould at rhgould.uk
Mon Oct 4 13:22:16 CEST 2021

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your response but I still believe that the non-trivial nature of Constitutional issues is mainly the result of the Constitution itself being too detailed and rigid.

That said, I think the benefits attendant on continuing with UK-TUG should include the following:

A facility to ask questions and explore TeX-related issues with fellow members.
Small grants to support TeX-related research and development.
Periodic meetings.
Annual issue of the TexLive DVD.
Discount on TUG membership.

If UK-TUG is to dissolve I would like to recommend that some of the money goes towards giving each member (registered at 01/01/2021, say) a copy of the fourth edition of the LaTeX Companion when it becomes available.

Richard Gould