[UK-TUG] Continuation of a TeX community in the UK (and subscribing to TUG via UK-TUG)

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 00:37:20 CEST 2021

Hello Richard,

On 03/10/2021 16:29, Richard Gould wrote:
> I endorse Keiran’s comment below.  UK TUG should live on but with a greatly simplified constitution so that we aren’t continually being exposed to these public, and often rancorous, angels-on-pinheads debates that I believe discourage engagement by members and service on the committee.  Going forward TUG needs some simple and achievable aims that provide benefit to the membership and the wider TeX community, reflected in a constitution that encourages pragmatism within the committee.

Issues with the Constitution are non-trivial but I feel that members
should concentrate on two more immediate questions

- What benefits are reasonable to expect from membership of/existence of
   UK-TUG, both to individuals and more widely
- To what extend do those require the structure as it now exists,
   in particular with a bank account and supporting committee
   infrastructure

Joseph Wright