[UK-TUG] Continuation of a TeX community in the UK (and subscribing to TUG via UK-TUG)

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 14:44:19 CEST 2021

Hello all,

On 03/10/2021 08:56, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> John Trapp asked what will happen for those like himself, who subscribe to
> TUG via UK-TUG (if dissolution happens). This is a good question.

Direct membership of TUG has always been a possibility. The major
benefit of joining via UK-TUG has traditionally been the reduction in
costs. This benefit arises essential from the reduction in
administration for TUG.

https://tug.org/forms/current/memberapp.html lists current fees as $105
for direct membership and $75 for membership without physical shipping
of TUGBoat.

> Jay's correct. Other than myself, the committee is not concerned about the
> loss of a sense of community and other benefits that would result from
> dissolution. If you wish some of these benefis to continue then please
> speak up now, so we can set something up while this list still exists.

Jonathan is correct that there is a need to think about benefits
post-UK-TUG should dissolution occur. Data protection means that this
would need to be opt-in *before* dissolution. I will return to one
aspect in  a personal capacity in a parallel message.

Regards,

Joseph Wright
Secretary