[UK-TUG] Draft motions for dissolution special general meeting (SGM)

David Saunders david at symplectic.email
Sun Oct 3 21:23:14 CEST 2021

Good evening.

I wish to suggest a draft motion, as follows:

"That UK-TUG be dissolved, and that its remaining assets be transferred
in accordance with Clause 5(3)(b) of the Constitution in two equal parts to:

(i) TeX Users Group (TUG), and

(ii) Deutschsprachige Anwendervereinigung TeX e.V. (DANTE)."

Background:

I was the Treasurer of UK-TUG from 2006 to 2010. I see, from the
accounts I prepared in 2009, that the bank account then held around
11,000 GBP in unrestricted funds. It's not clear that any beneficial
purpose has been served by leaving much of this money sitting in the
bank rather than supporting projects which would benefit the TeX
community. I believe that TUG and DANTE, as active organisations, will
be able make good use of our remaining funds.