[UK-TUG] TeX Hour: Thu 23 Sept: An online UK focused TeX community (6:30 to 7:30pm)

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:06:05 CEST 2021

Dear Members

Earlier today Jay Hammond posted to this list a message promoting the
dissolution of UK TUG.

I am a long standing member of UK TUG, and a member of the committee. For
about 5 hours a week I promote TeX and the aims of UK TUG, mainly by
holding a TeX Hour every week and related activities. We've made good
progress this year.

Please regard Jay's statement as an expression of his personal opinion. It
does not, in my opinion, fairly and accurately reflect committee discussion
and votes. That said, it does contain some elements of truth.

I agree with his gloomy assessment of the present committee, but not of our
UK TeX community. Jay's message makes it timely and appropriate to set up
an online UK focused TeX forum. If you want to participate, or are
interested please contact me or come to the TeX Hour this Thursday. (This
TeX Hour won't be recorded.)