[UK-TUG] TeX Hour: Thu 23 Sept: An online UK focused TeX community (6:30 to 7:30pm)

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Sat Sep 18 23:39:17 CEST 2021

Dear Member,

I  wrote  to you presenting the majority view of the members of the
UKTUG committee with regard to dissolution.  I regret that Jonathan Fine
is contradicting me. It's not unusual. Jonathan Fine has always  opposed
closing UKTUG. In the earlier part of my tenure as chair I encouraged
him to form a sub-committee to promote UKTUG and find a way forward that
was not dissolution. I asked members to help with this.  A single member
volunteered to help. I put the member in touch.  No way forward for
UKTUG  has emerged from Jonathan Fine, or the member (or anyone else)
then or since.

I would like to remind you that the TeX hour is not supported or
sponsored by UKTUG.  It is a potentially worthwhile activity that
continues outside  UKTUG. I welcome its independence.  If the next TeX
hour determines a positive way forward for UKTUG, please will a UKTUG
member let me know of it.  I am not optimistic that it will.

Jay Hammond

Email use jay at jjnr.uk