[UK-TUG] UKTUG AGM, Discuss the business here.

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Thu Nov 26 00:09:53 CET 2020

Dear UKTUG members

The AGM for 2020 has been announced. It is not safe or reasonable for you to attend it. It may not even be legal.
So other arrangements are being made for members to participate in the running of UKTUG.

In early 2021 there will an SGM that you can attend virtually. An SGM can be entirely virtual. We have the necessary regulations
in place for that to work with evoting. The SGM can discuss the outcome of the AGM, and other motions proposed to it.

Before the AGM, you have a chance to discuss and direct the business of the AGM here, on UKTUG-announce.
Please do discuss the AGM business here. This forum is not the official AGM, but it is your opportunity to review the activities of
the year in aCOVID-19-safe way.

The draft Agenda is below, followed by correspondingly numbered notes from me.

Everything up to and including point 3 should be discussed now. Once those items are discussed sufficiently
  (a conclusion is not necessary) I hope you will have my report, or at least a draft version of to consider.
And so progress through the other items.

There are two AGM items that need input from members:

UKTUG needs an active committee if it is to shut down, and certainly needs one if it is to continue.  Whatever your view,
please join the committee and contribute. I estimate that less than an hour aweek of your time, all by email would be a real help. If you can’t manage that much, then request co-option forless than a year (3 or 6 months?), and contribute the time you can over a limited period.

UKTUG finances are healthy. But we’ve had a change of treasurer, and ought to support this year’s treasurer by ensuring that next year’s treasurer has better support & adequate oversight.

Draft AGENDA

present Joseph Wright

absent: everyone else. No formal apology for absence is required. If you
wish to record your absence from the AGM with UKTUG,

then please email chair at uktug.org.uk <mailto:chair at uktug.org.uk> with
the subject “Absent from UKTUG AGM”

 1.

    minutes of 2019 meeting, approval

 2.

    chair of meeting Joseph Wright

 3.

    Membership fees for 2020/21

 4.

    The committee members shall be elected at the AGM.

 5.

    report from Chair

 6.

    reports from Secretary

 7.

    report from Treasurer

 8.

    AGM will arrange for such degree of inspection of the *forthcoming
    *2020-21**accounts as is deemed prudent in the circumstances

 9.

    AOB

The supporting papers etc will be put here later.  Start by discussing the Membership fees and other simple items.

Notes:from Jay Hammond, UKTUG chair  chair at uktug.org.uk

1	UKTUG committee is required to keep these & other records.
2	We know that it’ll just be Joseph at the AGM. I can’t be there, so I can’t chair the meeting as would normally be expected.
3	Not a constitutional AGM requirement but necessary previous practice for good governance.Let’s just confirm no fee to
	continue membership,&  £10 to joinnew. (as in the last few years.) This is toprevent  carpetbagging and other
	malpractice.
4	Nominations for committee are now open. Whatever the future of UKTUG, it needs more active committee members.
5	Forthcoming
6	Forthcoming
7	Forthcoming
8	No Prudent determination was made at the last AGM. So no-one – but you, the members – will review the accounts for 2019-20.
	Now, UKTUG seeks a member to look at the2020-21  accounts or to nominate someone who will. Andsomeone – perhaps several of you -   who can informally support the Treasurer.
9	AOB

Email use jay at jjnr.uk