[Tugindia] XeLaTeX Resolution for pdf

Devendra Ghate devendra.ghate at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 05:28:31 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 06:57:11PM +0530, Vanchinathan P wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am using XeLaTex which seems  very convenient for my book with both Tamil
> and Mathematics. I need to produce high quality camera-ready copy.
>
> 1. What should I do to ensure high resolution, say 1200dpi, in that pdf
> file? (or is it unnecessary?).

As far as I know (created a poster using beamer class with latex a long
time ago) nothing special is needed. However, in my experience, you need
to include external graphics (eps,eps,jpg etc.) in the document
carefully and of high resolution. Text should not give you any problem.

> 2.   Is there an easy way to  generate/split  output into multiple pdf
> say with 50 pages per file.  (I do not want to compile each chapter
> as a separate file. It may upset  certain global aspects, such as index
> etc).

I am assuming here that you want to create a single PDF (with all the
chapters) initially and then split it.

There are numerous tools for splitting PDFs. For example, for ubuntu
(linux),

http://www.linuxscrew.com/2010/06/18/the-easiest-way-to-split-and-merge-pdf-files-in-ubuntu/

However, many other tools are available for other operating systems. Try
googling.

Regards,
Devendra Ghate