This is the general mailing list of the Indian TeX Users Group. The main objectives are technical help, propagation of TeX, co-ordination of regional chapters and general discussion on sociology and economics of free/open software.
- Talk politely on-list. If you can't be polite, please consider unsubscribing.
- Please don't post any off-topic mail to this list.
- In your reply, quote only minimum relevant portions of the earlier mail. Trim your posts as far as possible and don't top post.
- Once a 'thread' is declared closed by the moderators, please don't insist on discussing it.
- Personal mail, meant for just 2-3 persons on-list, should not be posted to everybody on the list.
- Signatures and mast-heads should be of reasonable size. LOST tips, being informative and 'on topic' here, are welcome.
- If material is available on the web, post the URL with a small description of the same.
- Don't post only URLs without giving at least a brief idea of what the site contains. Some of our readers might not have speedy Net access.
- Don't repeat the same posting more than once to this list.
- If you find a good TeX-related newsletter which can be subscribed-to via the web, send in a brief synopsis of the newsletter and directions on how to subscribe to the same.
- If you find something that would be of interest in a newsletter, send across the excerpts of the relevant snippets.
- Try to condense information and post. This is needed in view of the growing number of members on this list.
- Rather than curse the darkness, light a lamp. If you feel this list could be better off with more useful information circulated through it, please post something that others would learn from.
- Commercial postings (in moderate length), must necessarily go with the [COMMERCIAL] tag on the subject-line. Such postings should preferably be occasional, and not too frequent.
- If anyone violates these rules (i) lodge a protest, if any, only with the moderators, and not directly to the list as a whole (ii) preferably send a copy to the person who's behaviour you see as violative to the letter and spirit of these rules.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the tugindia
Subscribe to tugindia by filling out the following
This is a closed list, which means your subscription
will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list
moderator's decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.