[Tugindia] Customising header

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Wed Dec 26 10:17:57 CET 2012

It would be nice if you give some more details like whether you are using
fancyhdr..... I would be even nicer if you give a minimum working example
showing the behavior.
Meanwhile, you may try to use the optional argument for chapters and
sections like

\chapter[short title]{long title}
and
\section[short title]{long title}

Short title will be used for running content like headers and TOC.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.cess at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I am looking for some help in customizing the header in a book I am
> doing using Omega. The problem is that the left and right headers meet
> and overlap in some pages while in some other pages, they leave no gap
> in-between, appearing like a sentence. This happens partly because one
> header is the title of the chapter and in the header the title is
> preceded by the number of the chapter, like, "chapter 3. how to solve
> the problem". Things would be okay if I can eliminate the chapter number
> from the header. But since I have specified the headers using
> "\leftmark" and "\rightmark", I don't know how to eliminate the chapter
> number alone, retaining the title in the header. Would appreciate if
> someone could suggest a way out.
>
> Thanks in advance and regards,
> Sasi
> --