[Tugindia] Customising header

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.cess at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 08:58:29 CET 2012

Dear friends,

I am looking for some help in customizing the header in a book I am
doing using Omega. The problem is that the left and right headers meet
and overlap in some pages while in some other pages, they leave no gap
in-between, appearing like a sentence. This happens partly because one
header is the title of the chapter and in the header the title is
preceded by the number of the chapter, like, "chapter 3. how to solve
the problem". Things would be okay if I can eliminate the chapter number
from the header. But since I have specified the headers using
"\leftmark" and "\rightmark", I don't know how to eliminate the chapter
number alone, retaining the title in the header. Would appreciate if
someone could suggest a way out.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Sasi
--