[Tugindia] pdfrack

Asha G dendron.15 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:26:59 CET 2011

> Initial submission generally only requires a PDF, which can be generated
> using any means necessary.  For final submissions most journals expect LaTeX
> source code and accessories (*.bib/*.bbl file, *.eps images, etc.) these
> days, with some constraints (e.g., with some restrictions on naming of
> files, etc.).  It is generally safe to use the journal's own class and other
> template files (e.g., IEEEtran.cls, IEEEtran.bst, and similar files by
> Springer, Elsevier, ACM, etc.).  I generally use these even for the initial
> submission, as journals usually rush things after acceptance, leaving little
> time for moving a paper produced using the usual article class to the
> journal format.
>
> Thanks
>

> That is very strange. I just downloaded the pdfrack tarball from the
> URL provided earlier, decompressed the archive which exploded into a
> directory, namely, pdfrack. Then changed my working directory to
> pdfrack/testFiles, wherein I could successfully run
>
>  ./pdfrack.sh -k testpdfrack.tex
>
>  (-k switch is to keep all intermediary files for debugging)
>
>   pdflatex testpdfrack.tex
>
> which eventually created testpdfrack.pdf that could be properly
> rendered in my pdf viewer.
>
> Can you briefly described how did you try? Also, send me a small test
> file with a small figure off the list to debug your problem.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Radhakrishnan

1) I am not sure how to decompress pdfrack-V0.5tar ( which is how it is
compressed when I looked at it today)
I have just saved it in /home/ashag/Desktop/passivedendritecorr as
pdfrack-V0.5tar
2) I am using kile - so I just use the build - compile - pdflatex button to
compile and get the pdf
3) I don't understand why you have done ./pdfrack.sh

Maybe if this is sorted out - it will run - so I am not sending code right
now. If you can copy your message to my email, I can see your response
immediately, else I have to wait for the next digest.

Thanks

Asha Gopinathan