[Tugindia] font size and line spacing, figure position

E. Krishnan ekmath at md5.vsnl.net.in
Sat Jun 21 18:38:14 CEST 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, thoudam singh wrote:

> How to put a figure spanning both columns in a two column document

Since I've already answered the other questions in another mail, I'd
answer this one only in this.  The package "multicol" allows you different
number of columns in the same *page* using the environment
"\begin{multicols}{n}.......\end{multicols}", where n is the number of
columns. So, to include single column material in a twocolumn page, simply
turn off the multicols environment, insert the material and turn on
multicols again.

--
Krishnan