[tldoc] translations for TL21

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Sun Feb 7 11:06:47 CET 2021

Le 06/02/21 à 15h37, Karl Berry a écrit :

> Hello TeX Live translators and all.
>
> First, if you handled the translation last year, please tell me if
> you'll be able to do it again this year.

I'll be able.

> This is fine as far as I'm concerned, but if there's a desire to have
> a fancier mechanism, presumably web-based, we could discuss
> it. However: I don't much care for weblate and its constant pushing of
> its paid service, and the original translationproject.org might be too
> rigorous/Unixy of a process. I haven't looked into alternatives.

I contribute as translator to several opensource projects that use
web-based mechanism, indeed fancier (and, hence, potentially able to
involve more translators). For instance:

- Transifex for TeXstudio
  (https://www.transifex.com/texstudio/texstudio/dashboard/)
- Crowdin for Zotero Better BibTeX
  (https://crowdin.com/project/zotero-better-bibtex)

But I must admit I have no idea if they are paid services and, if so,
what are the costs.

> Anyway, I hope to have the main TL manual ready for translation updates
> by early March or so.

OK.

> --thanks,

You welcome! :)