[tldoc] tl19 doc translation status

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 22 21:47:32 CET 2019

To review where the doc translations stand, as far as I can
tell. More details have been discussed earlier this month on this list
(https://tug.org/pipermail/tldoc/2019q1/thread.html), so just
summarizing.

There is still a couple weeks before we aim to close everything down
(aiming for April 5, sooner would be nice). The crucial thing for now is
that everyone be aware that things need to get done. Please email me if
you did translating for TL in the past but don't have time this year.

cs - Petr & Jan?
it - Marco & Carla?
ja - Takuto & Norbert?
pl - Zofia?
pt_BR - Paulo?
sl - Mojca?
sr - Nikola?
uk - Andriy?
zh* - Jjgod & friends?

1) TL manual translations that still need updating for this year:
  cz it pl sr
(Also, fr and de have updated pdfs, but not yet html. Denis and Uwe, you
presumably already know tis, but just in case.)

English original:
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/texlive-en/texlive-en.tex?view=markup

2) TL runtime strings that still need updating, according to the
PO-Revision-Date (sorry, no way to know better):
  cs it pl sl sr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW

English original:
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/translations/messages.pot

Info:
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/doc/howto-translations.txt?view=markup

3) Top-level README.* and readme.*.html that still need updating:
  cs es fr it ja pl pt-br sr zh-cn

English originals:
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/readme-txt.dir/README.EN?view=markup
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/readme-html.dir/readme.en.html?view=markup