[tldistro] archive of numbered releases of install-tl-unx.tar.gz

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Mon Feb 1 03:47:02 CET 2021

Hi

I am not really sure whether there are still some open questions ... too
many emails while I was off in the mountains ;-)

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:
> But instead of looking whether the script (or the installer package) changed,
> for a given date,  it would be nice to have a version number.

The revision number **is** the version. I don't see the need to use a
versioning scheme that adheres to the x.y.z system - in particular
because we don't do semantic versioning.

> The current scheme "by day" doesn't make it easy to see whether something changed in the installer package.

It is true that the installer package does not have a variant with the
version attached. I will look into whether we can change that.
In this case, a changed number would mean a change in the files in the
subversion archive, and thus some change in the installer (but that
might be very minuscule like comments only).

Anyway, if you need more explanations or missing things, please ask.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research Labs  +  IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev