[tldistro] directories customization

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Jan 29 09:38:38 CET 2021

Hi,

When I run install-tl I can change the directories:

Directories customization:

 <1> TEXDIR:         /usr
     main tree:      /usr/texmf-dist

 <2> TEXMFLOCAL:     /usr/texmf-local
 <3> TEXMFSYSVAR:    /usr/texmf-var
 <4> TEXMFSYSCONFIG: /usr/texmf-config

 <5> TEXMFVAR:       ~/.texlive2020/texmf-var
 <6> TEXMFCONFIG:    ~/.texlive2020/texmf-config
 <7> TEXMFHOME:      ~/texmf

However when I save a profile :

Actions:
 <I> start installation to hard disk
 <P> save installation profile to 'texlive.profile' and exit
 <H> help
 <Q> quit

Enter command: P
Installation profile saved to 'texlive.profile', exiting.

The resulting texlive.profile still has a /usr/local for
tlpdbopt_sys_bin /usr/local/bin

what is tlpdbopt ?

Also how to change that setting to use /usr ?

And most importantly, in the install-tl tool when I select HELP <H>,
I get an error (no help file ?) and there seems to be no option to LOAD an texlive.profile file.

I'd like to prepare a texlive.profile and then load the settings again from that file.

David Stes

# texlive.profile written on Fri Jan 29 08:29:44 2021 UTC
# It will NOT be updated and reflects only the
# installation profile at installation time.
selected_scheme scheme-basic
TEXDIR /usr
TEXMFCONFIG ~/.texlive2020/texmf-config
TEXMFHOME ~/texmf