[tldistro] directories customization

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Jan 30 13:38:51 CET 2021

Hi,

I can confirm that:

/usr/share/install-tl-20210128/install-tl --init-from-profile profiles/latex.profile

works for me; it loads the profile and *does NOT* immediately start the install.

There's actually a risk that if you try install-tl --profile <someprofile>,
you accidentally start an install (that was the case for me).

This contradicts in my feeling the behavior of the tool, when it finds a file
installation.profile:

In that case it runs a warning:

  print "ABORTED TL INSTALLATION FOUND: installation.profile (in $pwd)\n";

Maybe install-tl --profile <PROFILE>  should have an option --force to force start the install.

Regards,
David Stes