[tldistro] directories customization

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Jan 29 10:04:40 CET 2021

I have meanwhile found a solution to the dlpdbopt_sys_bin issue:

> The resulting texlive.profile still has a /usr/local for
> tlpdbopt_sys_bin /usr/local/bin
>
> what is tlpdbopt ?
>
> Also how to change that setting to use /usr ?

tlpdbopt_post_code 1
tlpdbopt_sys_bin /usr/bin
tlpdbopt_sys_info /usr/share/info
tlpdbopt_sys_man /usr/share/man
tlpdbopt_w32_multi_user 1

The trick to change it to /usr is by "Other Options" and then select

 <O> options:
   [ ] use letter size instead of A4 by default
   [X] allow execution of restricted list of programs via \write18
   [X] create all format files
   [X] install macro/font doc tree
   [X] install macro/font source tree
   [X] create symlinks to standard directories

the "create symlinks to standard directories" allows one to set/change tlpdbopt_sys_bin etc.

David Stes