[tlbuild] linked scripts when script names only differ by their extensions

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 24 22:23:00 CET 2024

    auto-generated scripts-targets.lst file as a desideratum!

I'll work on it. Unless you or someone else figures out the tweaks for
linked_scripts/Makefile.am first :). It occurs to me it would probably
be a lot cleaner to move generation of both scripts.lst and the putative
scripts-target.lst to an external shell script that the Makefile calls.

    As OpenBSD was unsupported, what I did is try to make the most of what
    I could find on svn without asking you and others to adapt

I appreciate that :). I'm interested in making the obsd setup as
"maintainable" as possible for the sake of being a model of how such a
thing can be done ...

    But TL's logic is more about keeping it constantly updated
    throughout the year, not working only with the original image, isn't it?

For quite a few years, yes. Although traces remain of the original TL,
that came out once a year and that was it.

    first to "tlmgr update --all", then cd to tlbindir and finally do a
    git pull.  I'm not sure how many users would do this, perhaps it
    should be wrapped up in a command?

Sounds like an excellent tl-openbsd-update to me :).

Even ignoring the git idea, seems like having such a script would be
useful to do the tlmgr update --all && mkobsdsymlinks. You can bet some
of those theoretical users would not realize/remember to run the extra
script. --best, karl.