[tlbuild] running TL24 pretest on OpenBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 1 23:47:50 CET 2024

Hi Robert,

    When I run `tlmgr update --all` on my “custom”
    OpenBSD-TL, do this command update the symlinks in bindir if
    necessary?

tlmgr should update symlinks in the TL bindir (that is, the directory
where tlmgr is). Or change symlinks to files or vice versa, which
happens even more occasionally.

If I recall correctly, it doesn't touch links or files in the system
directory specified by the sys_bin etc. Options, but I doubt you're
using that. (Especially OpenBSD insanely decided that /usr/local was a
system-owned directory, but I digress. :)

Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow, since I just repointed symlinks
luatools contextjit mtxrunjit texexec texmfstart for tonight's update. -k