[tlbuild] running TL24 pretest on OpenBSD

Robert Alessi alessi at robertalessi.net
Sat Mar 2 18:32:08 CET 2024

Hi Karl,

On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 03:47:50PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>     When I run `tlmgr update --all` on my “custom”
>     OpenBSD-TL, do this command update the symlinks in bindir if
>     necessary?
>
> tlmgr should update symlinks in the TL bindir (that is, the directory
> where tlmgr is). Or change symlinks to files or vice versa, which
> happens even more occasionally.
>
> If I recall correctly, it doesn't touch links or files in the system
> directory specified by the sys_bin etc. Options, but I doubt you're
> using that. (Especially OpenBSD insanely decided that /usr/local was a
> system-owned directory, but I digress. :)
>
> Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow, since I just repointed symlinks
> luatools contextjit mtxrunjit texexec texmfstart for tonight's update. -k

Ah, I did well asking: in my script, I contented myself with the
recommended symlinks after the luametatex building process had
finished, namely:

   ../../texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua/context.lua context.lua
   ../../texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua/mtxrun.lua mtxrun.lua

neglecting luatools, contextjit, mtxrunjit, texexec and texmfstart...
So nothing happened, I daresay, because theses symlinks didn't exist
in the first place?

Anyway, I corrected this omission for today's binaries.

Thanks,

-- Robert