[tlbuild] [TeX-Live/texlive-source] Run failed: .github/workflows/main.yml - trunk (cda3622)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:39:06 CET 2021

Hi,

Here's the link to the email that had a very detailed analysis of
glibc and kernel versions in different distributions:
    https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2021-September/047409.html

but the interested part got deleted soon afterwards with this commit:
    https://github.com/xpack/xpack-build-box/commit/1883f8ea458a3c83e5eae0c520a4ef13614aa457

Just in case it helps with the decision about potential candidates for
the "most compatible distribution".

(Maybe there's an easy fix that gets the sources built on Debian 8
again, or maybe there's a straightforward way to install a newer
compiler to Debian 8. My only argument is that we don't necessarily
want to insist on using very old libraries just because of a single
ancient compiler that cannot handle it.)

Mojca