[texworks] two issues with TeXworks

Scott MacKenzie mack at yorku.ca
Mon Apr 22 21:16:02 CEST 2024

Hi TeXworks:

Sorry to bother you.  This my first email to this address, so I hope
this is the correct place to ask this question.

Two things...

1.  I recently updated to TeXwork 0.6.9.   The search dialog seems to
not work as before.  When I use Ctrl-F, the search dialog opens.  That's
fine, of course, but focus is *not* on the Find field as it should be.
I have to (i) move my hand off the keyboard to acquire my mouse,  (ii)
move the pointer to the Find field, (iii) click, (iv) move my hand back
to the keyboard, and finally (v) type in the search term.  This is
really annoying. Obviously, the Find field should have focus immediately
when the search dialog opens.  Did something go wrong in the update to
0.6.9?

2. *Insert Citations...* doesn't work.  When I type Ctrl-Shift-C, no
dialog pops up.  Instead, I get a message, *No '%!TEX bibfile' modline
found*.  I'm not sure what this means, but I suspect something is wrong
with my setup.  Can you help?

BTW, even though both my issues above sound like complaints, rest
assured, I am a huge fan of TeXworks.  Thanks for your great work on this.

Regards,

Scott MacKenzie