[texworks] List of errors, warnings,...

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:43:00 CEST 2024

Hi Alain,

On 19.04.24 12:30, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> When I compile, there are errors, warnings (overfull \hbox,..
> !Undefined control...) appearing in the log, but now not any more as
> separate list along the console.
>
> Before there were a list for errors, a list for warnings,...
>
> What can I do to get them back?

There is one list (which contains errors, warnings and box messages one
after the other) that can be shown alongside the complete console
output. It is generated by a script, which comes bundled with TeXworks.
There's two options I can think of: either you disabled that script for
some reason, or you (re)moved it altogether.

If you go to Scripts > Scripting TeXworks > Manage Scripts and then
switch to the "Hook Scripts" tab, you should see an entry named "Errors,
warnings, badboxes". If you do and it's unchecked, check it. If you
don't, it's probably moved or removed. You can get the current version
from
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/raw/main/res/resfiles/scripts/Hooks/logParser.js
and place it alongside the other scripts (which you can find from Help >
Settings and Resources..., and go to the "Scripts" subdirectory of the
resources folder).

HTH,