[texworks] help with Greek letters in an Italin file

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Wed May 25 22:35:59 CEST 2022

On 2022-05-25 at 11:54:41 +0200, Ilaria Lanaro wrote:

 > [...]  I tried to type \usepackage [Italian, Greek]{babel} but in
 > that case it used the Greek alphabet for the whole file, and not
 > even one Italian letter.

Try \usepackage[greek, italian]{babel}

The language stated last is used by default.  In your case the default
language was Greek.

Please consult the babel manual in order to find out how to switch to
Greek and back to Italian.  Look for \selectlanguage and
\foreignlanguage.

You should get the manual if you type

  texdoc babel

on the command line.

BTW, your question is not TeXworks specific.  TeXworks is a user
interface but the actual work is done by LaTeX.  For general questions
about LaTeX the texhax mailing list is a better choice:

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de