[texworks] TeXworks — buglet and requested feature.

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 01:45:35 CEST 2021

On 26/10/2021 6:31 p.m., Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:
> On 22/10/2021 11:56, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>> According to Github,
>>
>>   C++ 63.5%
>>   C 18.6%
>>   CMake 6.6%
>>   Inno Setup 4.3%
>>   JavaScript 2.4%
>>   TeX 1.2%
>>   Other 3.4%
>
>> This page http://www.tug.org/texworks/#Online_resources has links to
>> "Experimental precompiled development snapshots for Windows, macOS,
>> and Ubuntu".
>
> Thank you for both answers, Duncan, and apologies for not replying more
> promptly.  I had to re-build my PC from scratch after the system
> partition became corrupt while being shrunk.  As regards your latter
> point, I see that the page to which you refer says :
>

>>       Getting TeXworks
>>
>> You can get stable release binaries for the following platforms:
>>
>>   * Microsoft Windows: TeXworks
>>     <https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/releases> installer
>>   * macOS: TeXworks <https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/releases>
>>     disk images
>>   * GNU/Linux: Arch Linux
>>     <https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/texworks/>,
>>     Debian <https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/texworks>, Fedora
>>     <https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/texworks/>, Flatpak
>>     <https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.tug.texworks>, Gentoo
>>     <https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-editors/texworks>,
>>     openSUSE <https://software.opensuse.org/package/texworks>, Ubuntu
>>     <https://launchpad.net/~texworks/+archive/ubuntu/stable>
>>
>> See also Repology, the packaging hub
>> <https://repology.org/project/texworks/versions> for more details
>> about pre-built packages
>>
>> For the latest development versions, see Online resources
>> <http://www.tug.org/texworks/#Online_resources>.
>>
> but I confess to being somewhat surprised that that information is not
> more widely available.  Do you know, for example, how one might find
> that information from Github if one is aware of TeXworks but does not
> think to look at a TUG page for definitive information ?

Many Github projects have a link to a project page from the home Github
page (usually somewhere on the top right).  That's where I saw a link to
http://www.tug.org/texworks/ and found the entry I posted.

If I knew about Texworks but didn't know where its source code was
hosted, I'd probably just ask Google.

Duncan Murdoch