[texworks] TeXworks — buglet and requested feature.

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 07:00:09 CEST 2021

 HI Philip,

>" Oh, and Ctrl-0 for "fit the screen", in addition to the current Ctrl-3

I'm not sure "*fit the screen*" is what you really meant, but if so, here
you go. (I was thinking you probably didn't want a shortcut combination for
something that already existed ( Ctrl-3 ) or really needed a new Crtl 0
combination for eye/muscle memory, perhaps from using another Editor
environment or something?

So here we go, I think a shortcut combination already exists for this as
well?  CTRL SHIFT F   and it toggles,
but anyway worthwhile walking through so you could see how to make other
things that might be available to anyone already perhaps...

Put this (using notepad even — or TeXworks itself) in a new folder if you
want under your Scripts folder (or just on top there).

You'll get there by following your   Script/ Scripting TeXworks/ Show
Script Folder  menu flow.

[image: image.png]

You could call the file say:   fitToScreen.js  or AnythingElseYouLike.js
but it must completely end  *.*js

[image: image.png]

... Watch out if you have file extensions for known file types turned off,
or your file might inevitably end in .txt or .tex, so if using notepad
choose all file types as your extension when saving and add   * .*js  to
the end manually.

// TeXworksScript

// Title: Fit to Screen Size