[texworks] TeXworks — buglet and requested feature.

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Oct 27 00:31:51 CEST 2021

On 22/10/2021 11:56, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> According to Github,
>
>   C++ 63.5%
>   C 18.6%
>   CMake 6.6%
>   Inno Setup 4.3%
>   JavaScript 2.4%
>   TeX 1.2%
>   Other 3.4%

> This page http://www.tug.org/texworks/#Online_resources has links to
> "Experimental precompiled development snapshots for Windows, macOS,
> and Ubuntu".

Thank you for both answers, Duncan, and apologies for not replying more
promptly.  I had to re-build my PC from scratch after the system
partition became corrupt while being shrunk.  As regards your latter
point, I see that the page to which you refer says :

>       Getting TeXworks
>
> You can get stable release binaries for the following platforms:
>
>   * Microsoft Windows: TeXworks
>     <https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/releases> installer
>   * macOS: TeXworks <https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/releases>
>     disk images
>   * GNU/Linux: Arch Linux
>     <https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/texworks/>,
>     Debian <https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/texworks>, Fedora
>     <https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/texworks/>, Flatpak
>     <https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.tug.texworks>, Gentoo
>     <https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-editors/texworks>,
>     openSUSE <https://software.opensuse.org/package/texworks>, Ubuntu
>     <https://launchpad.net/~texworks/+archive/ubuntu/stable>
>
> See also Repology, the packaging hub
> <https://repology.org/project/texworks/versions> for more details
> about pre-built packages
>
> For the latest development versions, see Online resources
> <http://www.tug.org/texworks/#Online_resources>.

but I confess to being somewhat surprised that that information is not
more widely available.  Do you know, for example, how one might find
that information from Github if one is aware of TeXworks but does not
think to look at a TUG page for definitive information ?
--
/Philip Taylor/