[texworks] Is it possible to use texworks in a portable way?

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Mon Aug 23 16:11:35 CEST 2021

P.Barbian wrote:

> Is it possible to use texworks in a portable way?
>
> I'm using miktex-portable, primarily locally installed on a hard disk
> (see the configuration info below), but I also would like to use a
> second installation on a USB-Stick. Unfortunaltely miktex-texworks
> stores some information in the windows registry.
> (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MiKTeX.org\MiKTeX\2.9\TeXworks:
> default-Encoding, default-Engine, font, ...)

I use TeXworks all the time, and have no registry entry default-Encoding
— I suspect that your problem lies with MikTeX rather than with
TeXworks.  Download a new copy of the latter from the (non-MikTeX)
reference site, and install it in a location other than that in which
MikTeX  has installed its copy.
--
/Philip Taylor/