[texworks] Help files for Scripting

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:21:46 CEST 2021

Dear Paul,

sorry for not writing sooner, busy as always... :/

On 30.04.21 09:40, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Thanks Henrik,
>
> That is certainly very helpful.
>
> "A nice example is the bookdown R package, that makes it easy to
> suggest a change to a book through a github pull request.
> You can see it in action here —
> https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown/
> <https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown/>
>
> I know that other LaTeX documentation is produced through intermediary
> formats, and this one is looking like a good approach.
>
> We may need, whatever option is followed, some sort of "safe" server,
> as all too often for commercial or other reasons, public "free"
> hosting options are withdrawn often with little or no warning. May be
> in this case the situation is safer?

If it helps, I can definitely create a new repository on Github in the
"TeXworks organization" and give you write access to it.

In fact, I was going to propose to look into the markdown support for
Github Pages (i.e., writing stuff in markdown, publishing it to Github,
and getting it rendered nicely). The result would be something akin to
https://stloeffler.github.io/texworks-testing/ (the theme is
customizable ;)), though probably at a url similar to
texworks.github.io/js-api-doc.

> I am quite happy to just dive into any realistic option, and MarkDown
> as provided up by /Bookdown/ is looking like a very viable option indeed.

Not sure what the differences (benefits) are between MarkDown and
BookDown...

Anyway, please let me know what you find, as I have been toying with the
idea of converting the "main" manual to markdown as well (for easier
writing, editing, and conversion to multiple formats).

HTH